The exSEL Network is a group of nine Massachusetts school districts committed
to working together to expand SEL in schools.
Five statewide associations representing superintendents, School Committees, elementary and secondary principals, and educational collaboratives have come together to raise public awareness and promote reforms designed to address all of Massachusetts students’ needs, including their mental health and wellness.
In partnership with exSEL, the Rennie Center for Education Research & Policy and Transforming Education are working with a network with districts to:
- Build overall knowledge of social-emotional learning (SEL) practices;
- Use actionable data to drive improvement;
- Share lessons learned with one another;
- Develop a unique plan in each district to address the specific social-emotional needs of its students;
- Strengthen statewide policy around SEL from the ground up; and
- Contribute to a national dialogue about the importance of SEL.