By Bob LaRocca, Director of Policy and Communications at Transforming Education
Whether you’re a parent, teacher, or student, autumn is full of new classes, practices, rehearsals, and appointments. With these demands, it’s difficult to stay engaged and up-to-speed on anything, let alone developments in students’ Mindsets, Essential Skills, and Habits (MESH). But we know that you value MESH, and that your school is most likely working to build these skills. We also know that it can be time-consuming to track the latest resources and information about competencies that research shows matters to student life outcomes.
TransformEd is here to help.
Below are 5 simple ways to stay engaged with the work we’re all passionate about: equipping students with the skills they need to succeed in college, career, and life.
- Read this blog! TransformEd’s blog showcases a variety of perspectives on MESH from both inside and outside the classroom. Experts in education policy, research, and practice will share their opinions and analysis – and we’d love to have your comments and participation.
- Subscribe to our weekly newsletter! TransformEd curates a weekly newsletter that covers the latest updates on MESH-related events, news, and research. Please click here to subscribe. You can also review all of our past newsletters in our archive.
- Check out our Resources Page! We translate findings from our day-to-day work on multiple projects with an extensive network of partners (such as the CORE Districts and NewSchools Venture Fund) into scalable tools and resources that can help school systems improve outcomes for all students. Click here to access all of our free toolkits, papers, and webinars.
- Follow us on Twitter @transforming_ed! We regularly Tweet about MESH-related news from our partners and advisors (such as Marc Brackett of the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence and Matthew Kraft of Brown University), and post about other opportunities for MESH-related professional learning. This is also a great way to learn about for our newest resources and toolkits.
- Contact us! Interested in learning more about our data-informed approach to social-emotional learning? Have a question about our work with schools, organizations, or policymakers? Looking for a particular resource? Please contact us at [email protected] and we’ll do our best to answer your question.
Do you have thoughts on how else TransformEd can be of help to you? Please leave a question in the comments section below.